I’ve been making homemade cookies left and right for the past few weeks. Here’s a new recipe that I just have to share with you!
My husband’s birthday was last week and he loves macadamia nut cookies. Whenever we would go to Silver Sands Outlet Mall, he would always want to go by Mrs. Fields to get a box of macadamia nut cookies. I decided that since I had so much success with the Texas Mansion Cookies, that I would try to make some homemade macadamia nut cookies for him. Below is the recipe I found from allrecipes.com.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture.
5. Mix in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate.
6. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
7. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Here’s my finished product!
1. I used 1/2 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of crisco baking stick.
2. I did not use almond extract. I only used 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
3. I used a cookie scoop to drop the dough. The amount that I used was definitely larger than a teaspoon.
4. I baked the cookies longer than 10 minutes. Why? Because the bottom was too soft and when I picked them up, they started to fall apart. The longer bake time was probably a result of my making the cookies larger.
The cookies came out really good! They were a hit with my husband. I’m not a big macadamia nut cookie fan, but I liked how these came out. The recipe made about 3 dozen cookies.
This recipe is definitely a keeper! Try it out and let me know how it worked for you.