A Prayer for Children Going Back to School

It’s that time of year again! School bells are ringing and yellow buses are running their routes. Our children are heading back to school. I believe that it is very important to pray over our children as they start their new school year. There are so many negative influences out there and we have to remain prayerful and active in our children’s lives.

Below is a prayer for our children as they head back to school.

A Prayer for Children Going Back to School by Tonya Nash

A Back to School Prayer
by Tonya Nash

Lord, I pray that you be with every child that is returning back to school this year. Protect them as they wait at the bus stop, ride the bus, travel by car, or walk to school. Keep them safe from dangers seen and unseen. Help our school crossing guards and bus drivers to remain attentive on their jobs.

Give our children favor with their teachers and help them to pay attention in class. Let this be their best year yet for academics, sports, and fine arts.

Be with our children’s teachers this year. Help them to teach in ways that each student can understand. Let them have reasonable expectations of our children and give them patience whenever their patience meter is running low. Bless the teachers with administrative support whenever needed.

Help our children to stand against peer pressure. Empower them to make decisions that will be pleasing in your sight. Surround them with good friends that are positive influences. Keep drugs and alcohol out of their reach. Help our children to keep their hormones in check, avoiding sex before marriage. Protect our children from bullies and those that mean them harm. Help them to work out their problems instead of fighting with each other.

And finally Lord, help us as parents to be even more supportive of our children this year. Strengthen our discernment. Let us know when something is going on with our children. Help us to keep them on track with their homework and study time. Help us to remember all of the subjects that we took many years ago so that we can be effective in helping our children complete their homework. Provide for us financially so that we can allow our children to go on field trips, buy school yearbooks and pictures, have appropriate clothing for the seasons, school supplies, or whatever else our children need to enhance their educational experience. Give us favor on our jobs so that we may be able to attend activities that our children may have during the work day. Remind us of the need to pray daily for our children.

In Jesus’s Name,

Amen

• Tammy Backus August 27, 2016, 6:14 PM

Thank you so very much for the back-to-school confession for our children. Isn’t it so cool, how the Holy Spirit gives someone (you) exactly what we were searching for. Thanks. God bless and we’ll pray for you, too.

• Sandra brown August 22, 2016, 12:16 PM

I thank you Tonya for the special prayer for children going back to school, was searching for one and I came across yours, thank you so much again.

• Tonya Nash August 24, 2016, 12:03 PM

You are welcome Sandra! Thanks for your comment! 🙂

• Angela Williams August 13, 2016, 10:23 AM

My bible study group has prayer on our conference line every Saturday at 10:00 a.m. The organizer of the conference called me at 9:45 to ask if I could do the prayer call. I searched prayer for children returning to school. I’m so thankful to have found this site that I will return to often. God bless you.

• Tonya Nash August 13, 2016, 11:08 AM

Thank you for your comment! I’m glad my post was helpful to you. You can subscribe to my blog so that new posts automatically come to your email inbox. God bless you and your family!

• Iyoha Ilenikhena Innocent January 2, 2016, 1:26 PM

Thank God for this prayer for children, is a good one may God answer all this prayers one by one.

• Wynette Johnson August 3, 2015, 11:20 AM

What a great school prayer. I loved it and shared it on my facebook wall.
    Thank you.

• Tonya Nash August 3, 2015, 11:22 AM

Thank you for sharing it! Have a blessed week! ????

• Rev. Cheryl Barnes July 22, 2015, 7:38 PM

What a beautiful prayer! I hope you don’t mind me sharing it with my congregation and community as we minister to children in need of a school supplies.

• Tonya Nash July 23, 2015, 11:23 AM

Thank you! I don’t mind you sharing it at all! I only ask that you give credit to me as the author. I pray that all goes wonderfully well with your school supply drive and that many are blessed by your kindness! – Tonya

• doris klopfer September 4, 2014, 4:24 PM

What a comprehensive prayer So many prayers I wouldn’t have thought of but certainly want to include Excellent. Bless you

• Dolly August 24, 2014, 3:53 PM

Thank you so much for the prayer for children going back to school. I hope you don!t mind me sharing it on fb to other parents . God bless you

• Tonya Nash August 24, 2014, 6:19 PM

You are welcome! I don’t mind you sharing it on FB at all! Just click the FB button at the bottom of the post and it should give you an option to write something about it and share on your timeline. Have a blessed week and thanks for stopping by my blog! 🙂

• Lawrence Palmer January 9, 2013, 2:00 AM

Hi My name is Lawrence Palmer and I’m from South Africa, Durban area of Newlands East!Thank you so much for this prayer. I will be reading it out to the children @ our “Prayer Night” for children going back to school! May God richly bless you & your family & Community:-) Stay Blessed

• Grace Frederick September 10, 2012, 10:47 AM

Hi Tonya,

Thanks for sharing this powerful prayer. God bless!

• Christ Is Light August 21, 2012, 10:54 PM

I love this prayer! I will be adding this to my website!

• Sandra Long August 20, 2012, 11:38 AM

This prayer for our children is beautiful. I hope it is ok that I put a link to it on my FB. Thank you and God Bless.

• Tonya August 20, 2012, 12:24 PM

That’s fine. Thanks for the link love! Have a blessed day!

• Marion Morrison August 18, 2012, 6:17 PM

Hi there, thank you so much for sharing this prayer!! I live in Scotland and tomorrow I will be reading this infront of my church. We are discussing the children going back to school. Fantastic prayer!!

Marion Morrison

• Tonya August 20, 2012, 12:24 PM

Thank you so much Marion! I pray that it blesses everyone at your church. God bless you! 🙂

• Medina August 17, 2012, 11:55 AM

Back to school! Very good

• Scotia August 31, 2011, 1:30 PM

I’m reposting this prayer on the website my daughter and I started a year ago to encourage and empower other women and girls. I will make sure to include a link back to this page. Thank you for reminding us that prayer is the most essential tool our children need as they head back to school.

• Tonya August 31, 2011, 9:21 PM

Thanks for your support and for stopping by my blog. God bless you and your daughter!

• LATOIA August 25, 2011, 11:19 PM

What a great prayer! I’ll be sure to share it with other parents.

• Tonya August 25, 2011, 11:24 PM

Thanks! I’m sure it’ll be a blessing to others! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by my blog!

• Christina August 9, 2011, 9:02 AM

Thanks for this post I will be using it. I think this was a great idea and a prayer that will keep throughout the year.