My Favorite Christmas Ornament

Christmas Tree

I’m participating in a Christmas Blog Carnival hosted by Wives of Faith. Today’s topic is: Your favorite Christmas tree ornament or Christmas decoration.

This topic is right up my alley because I love decorating for Christmas! As a matter of fact, we put our Christmas decorations up the 1st week of November. We normally don’t put our decorations up that early, but since Dear Hubby is deploying, we felt it necessary to celebrate Christmas early. In a military family, Christmas is whenever your spouse is home.

Here’s a picture of our Christmas tree.

Christmas Tree

This artificial tree is 7 years old! It’s still in good shape.

Our Christmas tree has a story behind it that you can read about here.

Most of my ornaments came in boxed sets. However, I have a few that are very special to me. My friend Jackie gave me the ornament below to celebrate my first Christmas as a married woman. It’s one of my favorites.

First Christmas Together Christmas Tree Ornament

Ornament Celebrating our First Christmas Together as Husband and Wife

I also like the below angel ornament. One of my co-workers bought me this ornament after she noticed that I collected angels. I think it’s so pretty!

Angel Ornament

This ornament looks great on the tree!

My favorite ornament of all is below.

Nativity Scene Ornament

The reason for the season!

This ornament reminds me of what Christmas is all about: the birth of Jesus Christ.

What is your favorite christmas ornament?

• Alisa Hope Wagner December 17, 2010, 7:49 PM

I love all the ornaments but especially the last one. It is beautiful!

Have a wonderful Christmas!!!!

• Heather December 8, 2010, 11:22 AM

Very beautiful tree and ornaments. I am a military spouse as well. I know how it is to celebrate the holidays earlier and sometimes later. Merry Christmas and happy holidays from our family to yours.
    Heather recently posted..Childhood Memories

• Tonya December 9, 2010, 12:30 AM

Thanks! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you too! 🙂

• Kathryn December 6, 2010, 9:45 PM

LOVE the ornaments you posted, so many pretty ones!!
    Kathryn recently posted..My Favorite Christmas Tree Ornament

• Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads December 6, 2010, 2:39 PM

All of the ornaments are lovely. I too really like the nativity ornament. The tree looks beautiful.

Yes, Christmas is whenever your spouse is home. We’ve celebrated at some very odd times of the year in the past. 😉

• Tonya December 9, 2010, 12:37 AM

Thanks Heather! I’m hoping that next year we’ll be able to celebrate Christmas on the actual date, together in person. This is the second year in a row that we’ve had a modified christmas. 🙂 Thanks for stopping by. I always like to “meet” other military spouses in the blogosphere.

• Kelley December 6, 2010, 12:15 PM

Your angel is really pretty! I absolutely love the nativity ornament as well!

• Tonya December 9, 2010, 12:38 AM

Thanks Kelley! I went and bought some new angel ornaments since this post was written! 🙂

• Pattie December 6, 2010, 12:03 PM

I love them all, but the nativity ornament touched me most. Thanks for participating, Tonya!
    Pattie from WOF

• quiet spirit December 6, 2010, 9:27 AM

I absolutely love the holy family ornament. I wish they had those when we had a big tree. Merry Christmas. When will your husband be deployed?
    quiet spirit recently posted..Immanuel

• Tonya December 9, 2010, 12:39 AM

Merry Christmas to you too! Dear Hubby has already left. A blog post about that is coming soon. 🙂

• Mrs. S. December 6, 2010, 1:39 AM

I love ornaments!!
    Mrs. S. recently posted..Blast From the Past- Writing Style

• Tonya December 9, 2010, 12:40 AM

I do too! This year I’ve been on the hunt for specialty ornaments.