The family and I recently went on a 2.5 week road trip that included a visit to the beach. It was absolutely wonderful and much needed!
Since we are on the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace program, we wanted to be sure that we were smart about how much money we spent.
Here are a few ways that we cut costs:
- We drove instead of flying. The drive wasn’t bad at all. We drove in small spurts during the daytime and made pitstops at tourist attractions.
- We used points from previous credit card use to pay for our hotel rooms on the road trip. Points do come in handy sometimes! The booking process was very simple.
- We used coupons most of the time that we went out to eat.
- We got a hotel suite right on the beach by volunteering to go to a 90 minute timeshare presentation. The view was absolutely beautiful! The suite had a living room separate from the bedroom and it also had a kitchen. We paid a total of $84.28 to stay 4 days and 3 nights.
- We are blessed to have dear friends that live near the beach we visited. We ate dinner with several of them and had a wonderful time in their company, which cut down on food and entertainment costs.
Here are some pictures from our vacation.
After we left the beach, we traveled to the East Coast to visit more family and friends. That gave Dear Hubby time to see everyone before he deploys again. We had so much fun on this trip that I think we’ll do it again next year if Uncle Sam allows it. Little Man did great and I was actually surprised at how well he adjusted to the constant change.
How do you save money when you travel?