A Day Out With Thomas

Little Man is a big fan of trains. Whenever we go across a railroad track, he says, “Choo-Choo!” If we have to wait for a train to pass by, he says, “Train!!! Bye-Bye Train!!!”

When “A Day Out With Thomas the Train” came to our area this summer, I figured it would be a wonderful event for me and Little Man to attend. And I was right. We had so much fun!

There were several ongoing activities to keep the children busy. Train sets were available for children to put together and play with. More elaborate train sets were set up behind plexiglass for viewing. There were several bouncy houses, coloring stations, a playground, and guest performances by local talent. Children had the opportunity to get their picture taken with Sir Topham Hatt and with Thomas the Train.

Little Man and I got to do a 30 minute train ride. A Thomas the Train look-a-like was attached to the front of a passenger train. Little Man was excited the whole time, jumping and grinning as we waited in line. It was the first time that either of us had been on a train.

Overall, it was a wonderful day of fun. If your little one likes Thomas the Train, you don’t want to miss out on this event.

Click here to find out more information about “A Day Out With Thomas” and when it may be coming to a city near you!

• Mommie Daze October 27, 2010, 9:04 PM

How fun! My oldest son is fascinated by trains.

• Mrs. S. October 24, 2010, 2:27 AM

So flippin’ cute!

• Tonya October 25, 2010, 11:22 AM

Thanks! 🙂

• amber October 22, 2010, 5:58 PM

What a fun trip.
    My boys love trains as well and Ethan was a HUGE Thomas fan.
    We have wanted to make that trip to see Thomas as well , but have not been able to yet.
    Looks like they did a great job making the Thomas trian!!
    Glad you were able to go and enjoy it with your son. He won’t forget that trip.

• Tonya October 25, 2010, 11:22 AM

We had a wonderful time! You should check it out the next time it comes your way. Everything is free except for the train ride. The price is based upon what car you ride in and if it is air conditioned or not.

• Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" October 22, 2010, 5:43 AM

What a fun outing! We had three different train sets but my favorite one was not the electric ones that went on a set track. My favorite was the cheap plastic one that you pushed along a track you designed yourself with interlocking pieces. I could spend hours playing with that one!

• Tonya October 25, 2010, 11:18 AM

My son loves those too! He likes to push the train along the track. The fun for him is actually building the track. 🙂