Deployment Dreams

Earlier this week, I had a dream that I was deploying. One of my friends, who is active duty in real life, was deploying with me in my dream. It was our job to drive the convoy to Lexington, KY. I guess we were going to leave out from there.

I was trying to get myself organized to deploy, but I just couldn’t. One of my previous pastors came to see me to check up on me to see if I was alright. I remember trying to get out the door to leave for duty, but so many things stopped me.

I finally got out the door and ran to where we were supposed to be meeting to leave.  I got there late and realized that I had not taken as much time as I should have to rest. I was very sleepy and there was no way that I could help drive feeling as tired as I was. The dream ended with me trying to figure out what was the lesser of two evils: driving first, or driving last.

I woke up confused. That was the first time I ever dreamed that I was deploying. The thing that bothered me about the dream was that I was unprepared for what was coming.

Dear Hubby is deploying again later this year. I’ve known that it was coming, but I’ve been putting it out of my mind. I don’t really want to think about it too much. Besides, he hasn’t been back a year yet. But that’s how rotations go. And they aren’t fun.

During his last deployment, I took some time to travel and visit family to help pass the time away. I’m not sure if I’ll be as flexible this time, as Little Man has speech therapy sessions several times a week. He’s doing so well with that and I don’t want to interrupt his progress.

This dream has prompted me to face the music. I have to face the reality that I will soon be a “single parent” again for several months. I’ll be without my best friend and husband.

I can make it through another deployment, but only with God’s help.

• Simone August 13, 2010, 11:09 PM

I will be praying that this deployment will be a smooth one for you all. Just think, Little Man is just about completely potty trained so that’s one stride that will be accomplished. Find ways to still have adventures there or have family and friends come out to visit and spend time with you. I’m thinking of you.

• Christian Mommy Writer August 14, 2010, 10:04 PM

Thank you so much. You are right about Little Man. Maybe he’ll be FULLY potty trained by the time Dear Hubby leaves. That would be a total gift from God! 🙂

• South Loop Social Light August 13, 2010, 11:28 AM

My husband and I are heading in the final stretch of our first deployment and I can say that it’s definitely been and up and down experience… but the most important thing to remember is that you’ll always get through it as long as you stick together. I’m not sure how I’d handle a 2nd deployment (if we have to) but stay strong and know that there’s an entire blogger network out here pulling for you 🙂

• Christian Mommy Writer August 14, 2010, 10:03 PM

Thanks for your support girl! This will be our third deployment. Glad you are in the home stretch of your deployment journey. 🙂

• Evelyn August 13, 2010, 9:48 AM

God will be with you and give you strength that you never knew you had when you rely on Him. I found your blog on the SISTS girls blog and I’m popping in to say hello.

Peace

• Christian Mommy Writer August 14, 2010, 10:00 PM

Thanks for your words of encouragement Evelyn! I’ll have to stop by your blog. Your last post looks interesting! 🙂

• Jenn Price August 13, 2010, 5:56 AM

This post stuck me. My husband is gone on a deployment right now. He was home about 20mths from his last deployment when he left for this one. Usually in his job in the AF his deployments don’t come so close so this time has been much harder for me. Your last line about making it thru another deployment but only with God’s help really rang true for me. I can do this only with God’s help!! Thanks for your inspiring words!

• Christian Mommy Writer August 14, 2010, 10:00 PM

Hi Jenn! Thanks for stopping by. I’ll include you in my prayers for deployed wives. It’s not easy, but we all come out stronger than we were before!