Celebrating Mommyhood

What does motherhood mean to you?

I had my own idea of motherhood growing up. Ladies often shared with me their motherhood experiences, especially when I got pregnant with our son. But nothing they ever told me could prepare me for the duty of motherhood.

Being a mom isn’t easy. It’s the hardest job I’ve ever had. It requires me to put the needs of someone else in front of my own. It requires me to be on duty 24-7-365. There are rough days, but the good days definitely outweigh the bad.

In my opinion, being a mom is the most rewarding job you can have.

Even if you don’t have children of your own, you can still be an important mother figure to children around you. Everyone needs a good mother figure.

Mother’s Day was very special for me this year. It started off with a wonderful breakfast that my husband prepared for me. His homemade pancakes are the best!

After church, my husband and son ran off to their secret hiding place to retrieve their Mother’s Day gifts. Soon afterwards, my son came running to me with flowers in his hand, saying, “Flowers, Flowers, Flowers!”

He gave me the flowers with a big grin on his face. I was so happy! My big boy was using his words and he understood what was going on.

As some of you may already know, my son has a speech delay.  It’s a big deal whenever he uses his words and it was so nice that it happened on Mother’s Day!

It’s truly a blessing to be a mom.

So what about you? How was your Mother’s day?

• Amber May 13, 2010, 3:41 PM

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. What a treat to hear little one use his words on Mother's Day.

Getting lovin from the kids is what I enjoy the most about MD.

Have a great week.
    *amber*

• An Imperfect New Momma May 12, 2010, 6:51 PM

I'm glad you had such a great day. Actually mine was nice and relaxing. Its like Monkey Man knew it was a special day and didnt scream the day away (ugh. how I hate teething). And I got to take a shower before 5pm. THats a huge accomplishment for me. You are right…there is absolutely nothing in this world that can prepare you for motherhood.

• KayEm17 May 11, 2010, 10:31 PM

Congratulations on a wonderful Mother's Day.

I also had a good day, although hubby and I are still trying to figure out a tradition that works for me, his mom and my sister.

The best thing was that I received the gift that I wanted – a bike trailer. Now I can take my 2 year old on bike rides and as soon as our 6 year old learns to ride, we can have family bike rides!

• Jenn May 10, 2010, 4:56 PM

What a sweet story! I can almost see the grin! he he! Hopping over from Sits.. but I think I have been here before!! *so many new friends in bloggy land!!* =)

Jenn ~

• Genevieve Le Bel May 10, 2010, 2:03 PM

New to u SITS sister & thrilled! What a creative blog you've created!

• fallingintofavor May 10, 2010, 1:17 PM

I'm glad that you had a greet Mother's Day.

• Magimom May 10, 2010, 9:12 AM

Lovely post – so glad that you got such a special gift!
    Stopping by from SITS, Happy Monday!

• JDaniel4's Mom May 10, 2010, 6:21 AM

I had a great day too. We took my mom out to dinner. She kept talking about the flowers my sisters sent her. My two year old said, "Mommy roses too." I love that he want to share that he took care on his mom.

• Cheryl D. May 10, 2010, 12:18 AM

Hi! I'm visiting from SITS! It sounds like you had a great day! I did too! My daughter was very sweet to me.

• Wendy May 9, 2010, 10:08 PM

Lovely day–lovely post. Happy Mother's Day, and thanks for coming by and following! I found so many wonderful blogs through your blog, and it was truly a pleasure to post about the gems I unearthed yesterday. I look forward to reading more here and maybe unearthing more "gems"!
    Blessings,