When was the last time you prayed…
- That God would bless your spouse with a good day at work?
- That God would protect your spouse from dangers seen and unseen?
- That God would reveal His purpose and plan in your spouse’s life?
I used to be very inconsistent with praying for my husband before his deployment. Whenever he would have a bad day, I would feel bad. Not just because he had a bad day, but because I felt convicted because I hadn’t been praying for him. I would think to myself that maybe if I had prayed for him, his day would have turned out better.
When my husband deployed, I made it a point to at least daily pray:
- For his safety
- That God would give him wisdom and insight on how to do his job with a spirit of excellence.
- That he would be a light to those around him.
Here is a challenge for you (and me too):
- Consistently pray for your spouse every day for at least a week and see how God decides to show up and answer prayer.