A Morning Surprise…

It was a beautiful morning. The sun shined beautifully into our bedroom. And the whining of our two-year-old son got my husband out of bed. “I’ll go check on him,” my husband said.

A few seconds later, I heard my husband yelling for me, saying, “Oh. My. God. You won’t believe this! Come here!”

Now my husband can be pretty dramatic about things, so I didn’t really get too anxious about what he was saying.

I crawled out of bed and went to our son’s room. When I got there, I had a sight to behold…

But before I tell you what I saw, I have to go back to the night before…

Dear Son didn’t want to take a nap, so I decided to let him stay up and just go to bed earlier. Besides, Grandma was in town and it was her last day with him, so I decided to let them do some bonding.

Around 7:30PM, we noticed that Dear Son wasn’t in the room with us. We went to his bedroom to look for him and and found him in the bed asleep! One thing about our son is that he knows when he is sleepy!

We changed his diaper and didn’t put any pants on him. He was starting to wake up just with the diaper change, so we decided to just let him be in his diaper and shirt.

Fast forward to the next morning.

I get in my son’s room and see that my son had an accident of epic proportions. Here’s what happened.

**Disclaimer: Warning…this is gross. **

Dear Son had a bowel movement and decided that he didn’t want it on his bottom. Instead of coming and telling Mommy and Dada that he boo-booed like he usually does, he decided that he was a Big Boy and that he would just take his diaper off while still in his bed. While taking his diaper off, he got it all on his legs and all over his bed. It must have slipped out and got on his blanket and his Spiderman chair. Knowing that boo-boo isn’t supposed to be on your bed and chair, Dear Son decides that he is going to try and clean it up, thus getting it all over his hands and dropping some on the floor in spots.

Poor son. He was truly sorry for the mess he made.

My husband would’ve rather set the room on fire than to clean up all of that poop. I was pretty grossed out myself. But somehow, we reached deep down to the inner core of parenthood and cleaned up our child and his poopy room.

I’m so glad that my husband was home, because I would have had a nuclear meltdown if I had to clean up all of that poop by myself.

Needless to say, we started potty training that very day. It’s been two days later and there hasn’t been any progress that I can see right now.

Pray for me, cause right now, I’m feeling like I’ll be changing diapers forever.

I’m desperate for tips. What has worked for you?

• Rachel January 31, 2010, 3:21 PM

Oh my goodness!!! What a mess! Things like that are so terrible for a moment, but later on will make for a good laugh. Maybe not a good laugh right now, but a good laugh when your son is a teenager. 😀

As for potty training tips – Persistence, lots of encouragement and a few simple rewards helped a lot with my son. And, I must say that the video "Once Upon a Potty" also helped tremendously.

Rewards: I gave William a gummy bear if he tried to go potty (whether he was successful or not). This really helped because William got discouraged if he tried but couldn't go. The reward kept him motivated and proud for at least trying. If William succeded, he got one gummy bear and one m&m.;

Encouragement: Lots of "Good job!" and "I'm proud of you!"

Persistence: I picked a day and told my son, "This is potty training day." All day long, every hour, we went to the bathroom. William had to at least try to go. It was just one day (that was all all I could handle!).

Once Upon a Potty: I thought, "Well, it can't hurt. I might as well try." William loved the movie. He asked to see it several times in a row, and he talked about it a LOT! He liked seeing a little boy who was learning to go potty just like he was. That gave William just the push he needed. Within a week he was potty trained!

Of course, every child is different. They develop at different rates and have different individual needs. But hopefully something from here will be helpful to you.

Good luck!

• MOMSWEB January 30, 2010, 8:38 PM

Wait a minute! This IS a recent post! Gross! lol!

• MOMSWEB January 30, 2010, 8:37 PM

OMGoodness…I can't even imagine. My husband changed most of the boo-boo diapers in our house and cleaned spit up and vomit. My stomach is toooo weak. Glad this is a history post and nothing recent! Whew!

• Kerri January 30, 2010, 11:55 AM

Oh. My. GOSH woman. You are a better woman than I. Good luck with the potty training….My son WILL NOT GO!! He's very stubborn!!
    Happy SITS day!!

• mom2kmjx2 January 29, 2010, 11:23 PM

Poor thing, Not something I would want to wake up to. Did wake up 1 time to both kids' having D. but it wasn't too bad yet.

• Jeannett January 29, 2010, 9:58 PM

SAME thing happened to us once…didn't put his pants on because it was the middle of summer and hot…woke up to find him COVERED in poo! No fun, but learned our lesson!!! 🙂

Happy SITS Day!

• Natalie at Mommy on Fire January 29, 2010, 9:33 PM

How old is he? My daughter finally did it when she was ready on her terms. For most kids, this is not until about three so don't get too worried! He will do it! In fact, I was told that boys tend to be later – my 2.5 year old is not ready and we have tried.
    By the way, you are not officially a mom until you have been covered in poop. You have arrived. 🙂

FYI – I am also a Christian mommy blogger! 🙂 Great to meet you via SITS!

• Page January 29, 2010, 9:23 PM

This is my first comment on SITS too. You have a cute blog! Hopefully that mess was the last of its kind for awhile! Thanks for sharing the drama of real life. 🙂

• Katherine January 29, 2010, 9:03 PM

Happy SITS day! This is my very first day with SITS and THIS is my very first SITS comment! And after hearing THAT story you truly deserve it! I do think that it is absolutely the sweetest thing that he tried to clean it up for you guys!

Make sure to post if you find the secret to potty training! I soooo need it!

• Christy January 29, 2010, 8:55 PM

We are potty training too! Although my little girl hasn't painted with poop yet (fingers crossed). She adores stickers, so I'm making a sticker chart for her this weekend. It looks like a ladder and has sections such as 'tried today' or 'peed in the potty' and such and you put a sticker in the section after they do the action. Hope your potty training goes well! Good luck!

• Kimm at Reinvented January 29, 2010, 8:47 PM

Oh how funny! I hope it's going better now, I'm afraid I stunk at the whole potty training thing, not enough patience. 🙂

• The Practical Mom Guide January 29, 2010, 7:39 PM

Ick. I feel for you. My daughter used to take off her clothes and her diaper in her crib starting when she was a little over a year old. Thanks goodness that she only had ever had one bowel movement during that stage. That was wonderful of your hubby to help clean up. My only advice is to be patient, it usually takes time. Good luck!

• Hannah January 29, 2010, 6:46 PM

Ohhhhhhhh Myyyyyyy. What can one say? The one thing I remember from when my children were little was that it's easiest to potty train girls when they are two and boys when they are three. I waited until those ages and as I remember, it worked out well. Good luck.

http://www.FunnyPhotosContest.com. Submit CUTE or FUNNY photos and tell friends to vote. $2,000 in prizes. No entry fee.

• w January 29, 2010, 6:12 PM

ahahahahahaahah! also. i can laugh because when we started potty training my oldest, she pooped right on the floor. and kept playing.

in order to get my daughter to potty on the toilet, she was awarded computer time. yes. computer time. and it totally worked.

• Missy January 29, 2010, 5:04 PM

I have been there. A few times. It really sucks and it really is gross. After the first time, you are no longer in the "oh, kids will be kids" thought line. It goes to a problem line.

If he continues to do this, we started putting onsies back on at naptime and night time or, we turned the diaper around backwards and duct taped it to them.

Good luck with the potty training. One of my least favorite parenting times. LOL

Stopping in from SITS.

• Sharlynora January 29, 2010, 12:02 PM

LOL! that is too funny. I'm sorry- I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but in a few years it will be.

• kp January 29, 2010, 11:36 AM

My one-year-old did the same thing the other day. Luckily, he was in a crib, so the floor only got what came out of the diaper as it landed. But, boy was it fun scrubbing the stuffed animals and blankets and crib rungs!

• tristan January 29, 2010, 11:27 AM

The best thing that worked for my son when we first started was just having him go and sit on the potty ever 40 mins for about 10 mins at a time. This worked for us because I stay home most of the time during the week. We started keeping closer tabs on how much he was drinking because he'll drink all day if we let him. We're getting closer to big boy underwear but still not there. I wish I could say that we've successfully got him trained but – nope, not yet.

• Joy January 29, 2010, 3:30 PM

Bless all your hearts, I don't know how we deal with things like this except to just hold our noses and do it. LOL

Congrats on your SITS day!

• thesurpriselily January 29, 2010, 3:19 PM

I've been there and done that many times!!! Just yesterday, I was on the phone with the satellite people. The second a real person answered, a little naked girl ran through the living room with a poopy diaper. Dropping poops all over the place. It was also all over her. I had to try and wrangler her, talk to the tech support and check my computer connections all at the same time!!! I really dislike poo poo!

• Louise | Italy January 29, 2010, 3:13 PM

I hated potty training too. And I'm glad I'm almost through the worst, although both of mine (5 and 3) still wet the bed periodically. At least your sweetie tried to clean up!

• randomblogette January 29, 2010, 10:00 AM

Good luck with the potty training. My sweet little girl used to do that too. Don't be surprised if after you think you are done with potty training that they don't want to do it. I had that happen with my daughter. She was all about the potty for a few weeks and then she didn't want anything to do with it.

• Heather January 29, 2010, 9:05 AM

8 1/2 years. My almost 11 year old did the same thing. Cept he painted on his walls with it. *gag* Gross gross gross!

The things we do for our kids. I mean, how many people would you clean up poo for?

• Kearsie January 29, 2010, 8:42 AM

My oldest child was very reluctant to potty train. So, like the desperate parents we were, we bribed her.

Her favorite place in the world was Chuck E. Cheese. We took her there and had a ball: pizza, games, prizes, all of it. Then we said if she wanted to go back, she had to wear big girl panties and keep them clean and dry. And that's what we'd say just about every single day. It took about a month, and she finally got it.

• Mommie Daze January 29, 2010, 1:36 PM

Ugh! I hate potty training. I always say it's the hardest "mom job" there is. But I'll tell you poop and other stuff like that used to gross me out. Now after being a mom for five years, even puke doesn't phase me.

• An Imperfect New Momma January 29, 2010, 12:46 PM

My little man got poop on the wall once..but thats it. Sorry I have no help to offer (my little man is only 2mos old). But you poor thing! I can't imagine what that must have been like to clean.

• Sherri @ Luv a Bargain January 29, 2010, 12:04 PM

Oh the joys of parenthood! 🙂 I wish I had huge encouraging words of wisdom but I don't. Just consistancy and praise is all that worked for me. My daughter was much easier than my son. She just wanted to wear big girl panties and not get them dirty.

• April January 29, 2010, 12:03 PM

Well, at least you will have an embarrassing story for future girlfriends. 🙂

• Jenny January 29, 2010, 11:21 AM

Oh no!! My one year old cannot be left without pants on or else the diaper comes off. Just too risky.
    My two year old son will be three in March and has absolutely NO desire to be potty trained. We have tried a couple of times, yesterday we worked on it a bit. He was 1 for 2. Luckily no poop involved. All the best to you!

Here from SITS!

• Carrie January 29, 2010, 11:17 AM

Potty training is one thing you just can't push. My oldest daughter didn't start using the potty until she was a month shy of 3yrs but it was like a switch went off. From that day forward she only used the potty so there really wasn't any actual "training".

I've heard boys can take longer but keep your chin up. No child ever goes to kindergraten in a diaper! Hmmm, perhaps that doesn't make you feel better 🙂

Visiting from SITS!

• Hanneke Nelson January 29, 2010, 10:46 AM

Fun times! I have had a few of those. Potty training is a collection of hits and misses. My daughter Lola, who is very much in the "I do it" fase, is perfectly capable of going to the bathroom by herself. She just doens't always want to, I guess.

We are taking the positive reenforcement approach right now which works, sort of. Every time she goes potty AND keeps it dry, she gets a snowflake sticker that we put on a garland (thereby creating some nice winter decorations at the same time). When the garland is filled with stickers, she gets a present.

She loves her stickers but is not too upset when she doens't get one. "It happens…", she says.

It does indeed. Happy SITS Day!

• The Mommyologist January 29, 2010, 10:39 AM

Oh NO! What a mess!!

We did the 3 day method with my son and it worked great. We stayed home, put the little potty right in the kitchen where it was easily accessible and took his pants/diaper off. When he had an accident, I would calmly get some paper towels and say, "That's ok, but pee/poo belongs in the toilet." Then I would have him help me clean it up. He maybe had one accident and then was running to the little potty every time he had to go. Every time he went on the potty, we made up a "potty dance" and would sing and dance for him. He LOVED that part. By day three, there were no more accidents and he was doing the dance with us.

Good luck! Stopping by from SITS today!

• Anita January 29, 2010, 10:30 AM

I'm not sure I can offer you much help. Some say boys are harder, but my theory is always if a child is interested then he is ready. Try the potty often, limit drinks at night, offer rewards( I feared my girls would be 20 and demanding an M&M; when they went pee pee), but it works!
    Most moms can tell a similar gross out story, you're not alone!!
    Poor baby!

• Katie January 29, 2010, 10:13 AM

oh, yuck! LOL – I think all parents experience something like this at some point.

I think the best thing we did with our son for potty training was to not push it. We tried when he seemed ready, and then stopped when he refused to go on the potty. Then later, picked up again.

• marit January 29, 2010, 9:42 AM

No advice from me, I just wanted to stop by and say hello from SITS! I'm not a mom yet, and I'm def not looking forward to these parts, but better to know ahead of time! Thanks for sharing!!!

• Date Girl January 29, 2010, 9:31 AM

Yuck! I do not look forward to this part of mommyhood.

• Thankfully Thrifty January 29, 2010, 9:23 AM

Oh my goodness! I can only imagine. So sorry for you! That's an awesome story though! I wish I had advice… not a mommy yet though!

• Jenn Erickson January 29, 2010, 9:14 AM

Whoah, what a brutal push into potty training. Ugh! It's amazing what we can endure as parents. Like every phase with children, this will pass, and you'll be left with one whopping-good story to embarass your son with later when he's a teenager 🙂 When I was potty training my girls, they really enjoyed the "Potty Time" DVD from Disney's Bear in the Big Blue House. It added a fun element to the process.

• Brandi January 29, 2010, 9:09 AM

Your poor son! And you and your poor husband who had to clean that mess. One day, you'll be way past it all and be able to really laugh at the scene.

• Lacie @ Creative Attempts January 29, 2010, 9:05 AM

I think all moms have a story similar to this ewwww. Why do kids do this ha ha. as for potty training i came to find with my son that rewards worked really well for him. we bough hot wheels cars and licorice and kept both in the bathroom. When he went #1 he got the licorice and #2 got the car. It didn't take long!! good luck

• Katherine January 29, 2010, 8:54 AM

We've just finished potty training my youngest, who is now three and a half. I thought we would never get there. My first was so easy to potty train that I was not prepared for the tedious, painful, disgusting process that it would be with son 2. But what finally worked for him was to go around bottomless. Obviously, this works better in the summer, when it's warm. But it was like magic. He peed once on the floor, and was so shocked by it, he never did it again. After we went bottomless, he was completely potty trained in less than one month. Although the dirty looks from the neighbors still haven't ended.

• Randa @ The Bewitchin' Kitchen January 29, 2010, 8:45 AM

O no! I'm sorry to hear about that :S

• ConnieFoggles January 29, 2010, 8:44 AM

Gosh I remember those days. I know it's awful but he probably is getting ready to potty train. There's so much advice out there, but I believe he'll let you know what will work for him best. I wish you lots of luck!

• Treasia Stepp January 29, 2010, 8:41 AM

All I can say is "I remember those days so well, and am so HAPPY I don't have to go through it again". LOL.

• One Take On Life - Heather January 29, 2010, 8:26 AM

oh that is just no fun! Boys are said to be harder than girls to potty train. I have only potty trained my son so I don't know. But I do know that if they aren't ready don't force it. It just makes it a long process.
    Hang in there. Also if you don't like the potty chairs and he doesn't understand standing and aiming, flip him backwards on the big potty. So they face the tank. Cuts down on a mess.
    Good luck!

• Kristy K January 29, 2010, 8:26 AM

I'm visisting from SITS. I love your blog so far and can't wait to read more. Potty-training will be a distant memory soon 🙂

• Marie January 29, 2010, 8:11 AM

Oh my gosh I am like your hubby, the room can't be saved, burn it down! I wish I had some tips for you, but I don't have kids and Calvin is definitely potty trained, he taught himself at 2 months old. 😉

• Annie @ astonesthrowfrominsanity January 29, 2010, 8:09 AM

I feel your pain as I am attempting to potty train my two year old two. And while we didn't have an accident like you, we did have some poopie painting of the deliberate sort. Fun times I tell you. fun times.
    Enjoy your SITS day!

• FROGGITY! January 29, 2010, 7:55 AM

eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk

good luck. i found that the hardest thing about training my little one last year was the '#2 issue' – she feared pooing in the potty. but then one day it just clicked, like clockwork! i really do think as long as you set them up for the scene, they will do it when they are absolutely ready! and it's a wonderful thing…

• Teresha@Marlie and Me January 29, 2010, 7:54 AM

oh my! I'm with your hubs. I would have burned the room…to.the.ground. Seriously! Sorry I have no advice since my bay is only 5.5 months old. I have been bookmarking some resource sites for when my time comes. this one looks promising: http://www.pottymd.com/

• Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) January 29, 2010, 7:52 AM

That's too funny! Well, not so much for you… 😉 My friend's son was about that age when he had a similar accident – only instead of trying to clean it up, he decided it would be great fun to 'paint' the walls, floors, crib, toys with 'pictures'. In poop. Yuck!

Good luck with the potty training – the 'trick' that worked for Princess Nagger was buying toys from the dollar store and giving her one at the end of the day when she did her business in the potty. It took about a week and she was good to go. I did keep putting pull-ups on her at night, though, just in case, but she didn't have very many nighttime accidents and was thrilled when she got to wear 'big girl underwear' even at night. 😉

Happy SITS Day! 🙂

• mommaof4wife2r January 29, 2010, 7:51 AM

stopping in from SITS to wish you a happy FB day! yeah! and to tell you that sometimes the messes are the biggest teachers! with 4 girlies, every single one of mine have played in their poo at some point before 4 and as disgusting as it is, most of the time, it motivates some change. maybe potty training will go better. when you figure it out, you will be a stinking millionaire!!!

• SharonKendrew January 29, 2010, 7:49 AM

Ahhh been there, done that! Luckily my two year old went into the bathroom before trying to change herself so the mess was contained somewhat. The best part was that she was completely unfazed by all the poo on her hands and feet, she was instead so proud of "changing" herself!

Yuck!

Happy SITS Day!

• Shana January 29, 2010, 7:46 AM

I'm so sorry that you had to wake up to that and I applaud your strength in cleaning it up. I think I would have had to move!

• Angelia January 29, 2010, 7:41 AM

Boys and poop! At the church nursery I had a little boy standing in front of me. He was 22mos old. He reached in his diaper and pulled out a wad of poop and showed it to me in his hand. I immediately set down the other kid I was holding and rushed him CODE BROWN to the changing table. Ahhhh!

• Herself January 29, 2010, 7:38 AM

Happy SITS day!

• Mel January 29, 2010, 7:37 AM

Oh, I've been praying this won't happen….our toddler has tried to get into his diaper. We are starting to potty train too, so I definitely feel your pain.:)

• CaneWife January 29, 2010, 7:21 AM

::shudders:: I can't even imagine. I hope that was the first and last attempt to change his own diaper! Good luck with the potty training!

• Bethany January 29, 2010, 7:06 AM

Oh, you've given me so much to look forward to in the future… =/

• Judy January 29, 2010, 6:51 AM

My daughter had a similar experience with her son and is comtemplating pottihood. His favorite thing now is to remove his diaper and exclaim, "tadah!" She is thinking about using potty boot camp, something she saw online. I just want to see her husband when he does the "potty dance" like they suggest. *)

• Jennifer Juniper January 29, 2010, 6:47 AM

As soon as you said you didn't put any pants on him, I knew exactly where this story was going! I'm a mom of 3 boys and once I had another baby, my two older kids were magically potty trained. Diapers were for babies! Then, my baby potty trained to be like his big bros. So, maybe some child role models?

• Kriste January 29, 2010, 6:45 AM

Oh my gosh!Good luck potty training.

• Melissa @ Cellulite Investigation January 29, 2010, 6:38 AM

As I recall, I reached a certain age when I just didn't like the feel of diaper against my soft baby bum anymore. Just kidding! I wish I had some good advice for you, but I'm a single gal with no potty training experience to speak of. All I can say is, good luck!

• Cybil January 29, 2010, 6:12 AM

Great story – brings back memories – been there/done that! I am sorry – I have no potty training tips – my kids were both pretty easy. Once we committed to it though, there was no turning back.

• Skooks January 29, 2010, 12:24 AM

Oh man, no help from me on this one. DD has been a resistant one to PTing. Just wanted to let you know I LOVED this sentence: "But somehow, we reached deep down to the inner core of parenthood and cleaned up our child and his poopy room."

Isn't that the way? Recently my sister had to do the same thing when her entire family (2 little girls and her DH) had diarrhea and were barfing for 24 hours straight. She told me she got chucked on at least 4 times by her youngest. Ick.

Oh, and happy SITS day!

• Karen & Gerard Zemek January 29, 2010, 4:56 AM

Oh, I could just picture the mess! Poor son, he tried so hard to clean it up. Maybe you should start by showing him how to clean up the mess and then potty train him–it would give him more incentive!

Congrats on your SITS day! Enjoyed this post.

• Kerry January 29, 2010, 4:51 AM

Ooooo Ouch!! sorry You had to go through all that. On a good note, he tried to clean it up which means he's proactive about keeping himself clean so I'm guessing you shouldn't have much longer until he's actually potty trained.

Him laying in it all night and not caring whether it was in his diaper or not would've been a pretty bad sign.

Best of luck with potty training hun. It's NO fun at all.

From one military mommy to another. 🙂

• Cindy @ Chalk it Up! January 28, 2010, 11:42 PM

Oh the joys of parenthood!!
    My husband and I sort of had a deal. He cleaned up poop and I clean up throw up.
    As for potty training advice …don't push it. He won't go to college in diapers. He won't even go to preschool in diapers:)
    I have two boys both were out of diapers at about 3 years old and it happened quickly.
    Good luck! Hang in there!

• Stephanie M. Page January 29, 2010, 4:26 AM

oh.my.gross. Just stick with it! One day he will just decide it is time. I know it doesn't feel like it now though… My daughter is 3 so I was just where you are!!! Happy SITS day! =)

• Mary at Deep South Dish January 29, 2010, 1:40 AM

Yeah, I've heard that some children like to decorate their walls with poop, so you made out okay I think!

Happy SITS Day!

• Lisa January 29, 2010, 1:24 AM

We have one done & one in process. It's not an easy task, but it is helpful to work with them rather than have them do it on your terms. Put a potty in a common area where they feel comfy, then gradually move to bathroom. Use rewards… Stickers, candy, whatever works for you. Allow them to go whenever they want. Don't use diapers/pull-ups and underwear. That is confusing for them. These things have worked great for us, but the main thing is patience!

Good luck! Stopping by from SITS!

• Amy January 29, 2010, 12:51 AM

Here for your SITS day.

I had a lot of success doing Potty Training in a Day with my boys.

The all day intense mommy time seemed to do it for them.

Hope it goes well for you.

• Just Lisa January 28, 2010, 11:44 PM

PT-ing was SO hard! I've got one down, one to go. With my daughter, it took a good year before I didn't have to worry about accidents.

• tattytiara January 28, 2010, 11:43 PM

(Weird – that "cetra" at the bottom of my post is the capcha code. How it wound up in the post when I only typed it the once and in the appropriate box I have not a clue!)

• tattytiara January 28, 2010, 11:41 PM

Aw poor kid, and poor mom and dad!cetra

• Andrea January 28, 2010, 11:09 PM

That is no fun! I just finished with potty training my second this summer. You have to truly wait for them to be ready. I know everyone says that, but you'll know it when the time is right. I thought I'd be changing diapers forever too, but you won't! Hang in there!

Happy SITS day!

• Natalie | The Bobby Pin January 28, 2010, 10:52 PM

Ewwwww, so sick. He was trying to be good.

I'm no help, I don't have kids – I plan to one day though! I hear a lot about the poop

HAPPY SITS DAY!!

• Cajun Lucy January 28, 2010, 10:45 PM

Oh my! I don't have children yet, but I have a cat that poops outside the litter box even the moment it's cleaned. RIGHT outside it. I know parents get a little fussy when non-parents compare their furchildren to parents real children… but when there's just a little pile of poop & I have to go get toilet paper & pick it up & flush it… THAT grosses me out. LOL…. We're hoping to conceive this year. One of my greatest fears is bodily fluids (err, lumps) LOL…. Good luck & much patience with the potty training!! (stopping in from SITS)

• Crystal Escobar January 28, 2010, 4:17 PM

Oh man! That is awful, lol 🙂 The joys of motherhood. Potty training is so hard. I've heard it's harder with boys too. My daughter caught on pretty fast but still had accidents here and there and always seemed to happen when we were out at a store or something. I recently saw these cute little potty training watches. I bet if you searched online you could find one easily. It's a fun little watch that the kids wear that reminds them when it's time to go potty. You can set it to how ever often you want. I don't remember it being expensive either. I definitely want to try it out when my son is ready for potty training.
    Thank you for visiting my blog. I'm following you now. So I'll be back 🙂

• Christian Mommy Writer January 28, 2010, 11:51 AM

@KK – Lol

@Chelle – You're right. It could have been worse. Hmmm…duct tape….might have to try it! 🙂

@Julie – I'm thinking that he may not be ready yet. But I'm so ready for him to be ready!

• Julie the Army Wife January 28, 2010, 4:12 AM

Oh poor thing. That is the worst. Good luck on the potty training. I have 1 done and working on the 2nd. My only advice is if they don't seem that into it, back off. They will do it when they are ready. But also encourage if they seem open to it at all. And don't beat yourself up if it takes awhile. *hugs*

• Chelle January 28, 2010, 12:41 AM

Aww poor little guy. At least he didn't try to redecorate the color scheme of your walls. When we hit that point with one of my boys, I started duct taping his diaper on. Yes, Duct Tape. It works for everything. Now I'm dealing with a little guy who refuses to wake up when he pees the bed in his sleep.

Good Luck finding a new avenue to take in this lovely road of Potty Training.

Visiting from SITS

• KK January 27, 2010, 11:50 PM

Oh you poor thing. I'm no help, but thank you for reminding me there are blessings in not being blessed with children too! (Although the dog has had a few similar accidents!)