What I’m Learning About Deployments

This deployment has been a journey to say the least. I am busier than I have ever been.  Everything relies and falls upon me.  I often find myself taking a backseat to the needs of the household and my son.  All of my pleasure and entertainment goals have gone by the wayside.

Having days upon days on end with no time for yourself can be frustrating and overwhelming.  I often find that my duties from the previous day are running over into the next day.  I sometimes wonder if I’ll ever catch up.

It’s no big wonder that I haven’t been blogging as much as I usually do.

In the busyness of life during a deployment, I have learned that there are three things that I have to rely on to successfully make it through this.

• Rely on God – When I get overwhelmed, I have to take time and pray.  After prayer, I release myself to let God work things out.  I have to cast my burdens and cares on Him.  God doesn’t mind.  He wants me to bring my concerns to Him anyway.  Prayer and bible study has to be a daily activity.
  • Rely on People – This is one that I never liked to do, but I have had to change my mindset on this.  There have been times when I had to call on friends to watch my son or just to talk whenever things get too crazy.  I have been blessed in that God has given me some awesome and reliable people to count on.
  • Rely on Yourself – I’ve had to do many things during this deployment that I never had to do before.  I constantly tell myself that I can do all things through Christ.  He gives me strength and helps me to overcome.
So that’s my update.  The good thing is that this deployment is halfway over.  I just have to hold out for a little while longer…
  • kristibonney November 23, 2009, 2:59 PM

Stopping by from SITS…
    First of all, as a former military wife myself, I want to say thank you to you and your family for the sacrifices you all make while your husband is deployed. I've been in your shoes and I know it's tough. Kudos to you for putting God first. There's no other way to get through it! God bless you and your family.

• Brie November 23, 2009, 1:54 AM

You know, I find myself asking my husband "Honey, can you get this for me?" or "Babe can you go…" so much that it has become my biggest dread about the inevitable deployment my hubbs will one day take on. I hope I can find strength like it seems you have. I rely on that man so much it frightens me. =/

Blessings!

• Design it Chic November 23, 2009, 3:13 AM

We should all rely on GOD… good times or bad times.. we're never alone… oh and good thing you have good friends to rely on.. hang in there!
    And while you do that, you definitely need some good laughs.. stop by.. maybe i can entertain you just a tad:)

The Day I Burned Our House

*stopping by from SITS

• Coach Krystal November 20, 2009, 4:50 PM

Girl, that sounds like me sometimes!

I workout during the kids' nap time, but of course, that means that something else is not getting done. Hang in there… ((HUG))

It sounds like you're figuring it out!

• Christian Mommy Writer November 19, 2009, 6:44 PM

@Buhdoop – Thanks for stopping by today!

@Larie – This military life is a journey isn't it?

@GMSF – Thanks for the encouragement and kind words! I'm going to check out your blog to see how the pregnancy is going!

• God, My Savior Forever! November 19, 2009, 5:26 PM

I love the attitude you have! Definitely God should be your no. 1….there are so many things we think we can do on our own until we hit a dead end and realize we need to turn around..as a matter of fact..there is nothing we can do without our Lord! You seem like a very strong person my friend! You're an inspiration to alot of military moms…not many Christians out there so this is def. a plus! God will see you through:D

Hugs!