A Portable Career Milestone

Hello Friends!

I have some wonderful news to share with you today…

I have an article published in the November issue of Military Spouse Magazine!  The name of the article is, How to Survive a Trip to the Commissary.

I’m pretty sure that all of you military spouses out there can remember your first trip to the Commissary and how intimidating it can be.  It was a while before I felt comfortable enough to go without my husband.  I was scared that I would break one of the “rules”.  But once you get all of the “rules” under your belt, it can be a wonderful place to shop.  You can save 30% off your regular grocery bill by shopping at the Commissary versus your local grocery store.

I know that this opportunity will open many doors for me.  As a matter of fact, I was listening in on the F.R.A.Z.L.E.D. Military Wives Christian Network’s Blog Talk Radio Show last night and they were talking about portable careers for military wives.

Imagine my surprise when my name came up and they started talking about my article!
I called in to the show and we had a very good chat.  You can hear the chat by clicking on the below link. I called in at the 32-minute mark.

The hosts (Shannon Burrous and Sara Horn) gave tips on how to:
  • get college scholarships for military wives
  • start a writing career
  • find legitimate places to work from home
The information was so helpful and I strongly recommend it for all military spouses.
I’m excited about this milestone.  I’ve been published before, but only with a local newspaper and a few online articles.  God is so awesome and I’m so thankful for the favor he has blessed me with.

Have a blessed day!
  • MOMSWEB October 16, 2009, 9:14 PM

"I’ve been published before, but only with a local newspaper and a few online articles."

ONLY with a local newspaper? I had to laugh at this one because I know bloggers who would love to be published in their local newspaper.

Congratulations! I am not surprised by your accomplishment because you can write your butt off (smile).

• Pattie October 15, 2009, 6:48 AM

I just got my issue of MSM but left it at work last night…so I'll read it today. So exciting for you! I did see you profiled in the front pages though!

• Tabitha October 15, 2009, 12:16 AM

Congratulations!!! Thank you so much for visiting me on my SITS Day!!

• Martha October 14, 2009, 5:35 PM

Oh my, this is a huge accomplishment :o) you go girl!!!!

Now I better ask for your autograph while I still can so I can sell it on eBay for a handful of smackaroos! 🙂

• Anonymous October 14, 2009, 6:17 PM

1m so proud of you. Keep up the good work that you are doing. I always knew you would take life head on, striving and reaching goals and taking on challenges and coming out on top.We all love you
    Baby Girl.
    mama dearest.

• KK October 14, 2009, 4:44 PM

Way to go!

• Christian Mommy Writer October 14, 2009, 4:29 PM

@Jolyn – Thanks for the encouragement. And yeah, feel free to contact me, but feed the kids first! 🙂 Lol!

• Jolyn October 14, 2009, 4:07 PM

So, so exciting! I may pick your brain someday… But for now I just wanna say keep going and going! I'll listen and read in a bit; gotta get dinner going now… These pesky kids. They just keep getting hungry. 😉

• Christian Mommy Writer October 14, 2009, 3:34 PM

Thanks Larie! God is wonderful! I'm excited about your publishing opportunities too! Be sure to let us know when your time comes.

• Proverbs 27:19 October 14, 2009, 2:57 PM

GIRL! YOU DO IT GIRL!!! AHHHHHHHH!

This is too awesome! I am going to have to read that! Wow, this is really exciting. Are you going to send your husband a copy?

Dang, girl, I really am happy for you. It's kinda unbelievable that I will be reading an article from someone I "personally" know!

Wow! Girl don't you stop thanking God!

smooches,