God’s Got It Under Control

My husband is playing with our son in the backyard.  A gentle breeze is coming through. I’m sitting in a lawn chair, reflecting on life and how good God has been to us.  It’s the perfect evening.

Dear Hubby will be deploying soon to serve our country and I will be a “single parent” temporarily.  Though the circumstances can be overwhelming, I know that God is going to take care of all three of us.

Our son is totally oblivious to the fact that he won’t be seeing his DaDa for a while.  He’s just living for the moment, enjoying the present, with no concerns about tomorrow.

Watching him and his view on life actually comforted me.  God doesn’t want us to be overly concerned about tomorrow anyway.  He’s got it all under control.  We just have to trust Him.

These family moments before Dear Hubby deploys are very precious. I don’t want anything to be a distraction.  As a result, I will not be blogging again until September 14th.

You understand, don’t you?

I’ll be back soon, with much to catch you up on.  Until then, I pray that all will be well with you and your families.

Be blessed!
  • Christian Mommy Writer September 4, 2009, 10:03 PM

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support! It means a lot.

• B September 4, 2009, 2:46 PM

Please give your hubby our love and we will keep you in our prayers. I look forward to your return but in the meantime enjoy your time with hom and know that that he will be back before you know it.
    Smooches
    B

• Martha September 3, 2009, 7:13 PM

Aw, I totally understand. Kudos to you for being so strong, you will definitely make this experience more tolerable for your child!

P.S. I am not sure if I have thanked you properly for the giveaway suncatcher, I left town right after I received it in the mail. I want to thank you for the gift, I adore it and think of you every time I glance at it. You're a sweetie!!!

• SPEAKING FROM THE PEW September 2, 2009, 8:57 PM

we'll see you when you get back girl. best of luck to you and your fams. blessings!

• Amber September 2, 2009, 9:31 PM

I hope your time together right now is wonderful. I pray your husband will return home soon and safe.
    Amber

• Stephanie Faris September 2, 2009, 7:13 PM

ABSOLUTELY. Come back here once he's gone and we'll distract you until it's time for him to come back! (((HUGS))) Your family will be in my thoughts during this time.

• KK September 2, 2009, 6:33 PM

Thank you both for your sacrifice!

• MOMSWEB September 2, 2009, 3:45 PM

GRASP these moments with hubby! Yes, I understand.

• Becky September 2, 2009, 10:45 AM

Enjoy your last days together before he leaves. Our last couple of weeks before Jer left this time, were extremely stressful, but really, really good. It goes by SO fast – enjoy it. C'you send me your email, btw? bexavery@gmail.com. I'm going to be making my blog private and I'd love to keep you on as a reader. 🙂

• Proverbs 27:19 September 2, 2009, 5:35 AM

I do understand. And you are right about your son just living in the moment. I can take from his example as well.

In the past, the days leading to my husband's departure were not good at all. I was focused on a day that had not arrived and wasn't promised to arrive! It affected my attitude and there was always an argument before he left which meant that he left upset.

smooches,