School has either started, or is starting soon for many of your children. Discounts on school supplies are out in full force.
But what if you are looking for a brand new computer? It’s a large expense without many discounts. Here are some tips for you.
- Do price comparisons. If you see a computer that you like at Staples, chances are high that the same computer is also at Office Depot and other office stores. Compare the prices against each other for the best deal. Some stores even price match, so if you can get bonus rewards at another store that will price match, buy from the store that will get you the rewards.
- Ask for a discount. Apple stores give student and military discounts with valid ID. Other stores might do this as well.
- Look for online deals. Sometimes, there are special offers that are only available online and some even come with free shipping.
- Know exactly what you need in a computer. This varies based upon what you plan to use the computer for, such as word processing, gaming, video editing, etc. This helps with setting your budget.
- Join a rewards program. That way, you can get discounts off certain merchandise. Office Depot and Best Buy are some of the many stores that offer discounts to their Rewards customers.
- Buy the computer on your state’s tax free weekend. If you are military, buy it at the BX or PX (whatever your branch of service calls it). Taxes can be pretty expensive on computers and every dollar saved counts.
- Buy a protection plan to protect your investment. Besides, if something happens to it, you don’t want to have to pay almost as much as you paid for it to get it fixed, right?
- Check your Sunday morning newspaper for coupons at office stores. I recently received a coupon last week for $15 off a $75 purchase at Office Depot.
On another note:
Some of you have asked about where to find coupons.Here are a few sites that I use to get the best deals.
Hope these tips were helpful. Have a wonderful Money Saving Monday!