A Day at the Zoo

Another military spouse and I took our kids to the zoo as a play date. It was so much fun!

Our kids got a chance to play together and see different animals. We got a chance to build a friendship and have adult company.

My son really enjoyed the Aquarium part. He pointed at the different fish and spoke in his own language to them.

He also liked it when the seals barked like dogs. “Woof, Woof,” is one of his favorite new sayings.

Though I’m slightly embarrassed to admit it, I got freaked out by one exhibit in particular. I’m not a big fan of snakes and there was a section with snakes in it.

At first, there were very small snakes in glass cases, but as you got farther through the exhibit, the snakes got bigger and longer.

We were almost at the end of the exhibit. I turned the corner holding my son’s hand when all of a sudden, I looked to my right and screamed…

There was a HUGE black anaconda in the glass case next to me. This snake was as wide as my son!!!!!!!!!

We aren’t even going to talk about how long he was!!

I left my friend and dragged my son out of there. I reached my limit of snake watching for the day.

Here are a few pictures of the other animals we saw:

My son also got a chance to pose on a fake buffalo.

Overall, we had a wonderful trip!

• Laura Ingalls Gunn July 26, 2009, 5:06 PM

I love the zoo! Happy Sunday! I am making way through all of the comments I received when I was featured on SITS. It really is a great SITSahood.
    Thank you so much for visiting me and have a blessed day!

• Kennisha Hill July 25, 2009, 12:03 PM

Awww I am with you there, girl. I would have done the same thing! Nice pictures! Looks like you little man had fun!

Have a great week-end!

• Amber July 24, 2009, 10:55 PM

Sounds like you both had fun, nix the snake pit:)
    Funny, I am the opposite I love snakes so does my 5 year old son. We spend quite a bit of time in the snake house at our zoo.
    Glad the rest of the trip was fun!

ak

• MOMSWEB July 24, 2009, 10:26 PM

I cracked up just imagining you screaming and getting out as fast as your legs would take you. LOL!

• Kathryn July 24, 2009, 9:29 PM

I agree with you, I hate snakes! I probably would have done the same thing in your situation!

Cute pics! 🙂

• Proverbs 27:19 July 24, 2009, 3:59 PM

You did well just to even visit the exhibit! I would have just skipped it altogether!

smooches,
    Larie

• Becky July 24, 2009, 10:16 AM

Lol – I've done similar stuff….haha. My husband's friend owns a reptile company and he goes around and does shows at schools and fairs with snakes and lizards…cool, but it still freaks me out.