Lately, I have been reflecting on all of the wonderful things that God has done for me. Every once in a while, we need to take an inventory and thank God for answering our prayers. Our testimony can encourage others and strengthen their belief that God is still in the miracle working business today.
Here are a few prayer requests that God answered for me over the years:
1. I had no financial resources to go to college, but God blessed me with scholarship money for two degrees!
2. My husband went to war two months after we got engaged and set our wedding date. We bombarded heaven with prayer that he would be back in time for our wedding. People all around us were telling us to reschedule our wedding, but we continued planning our special day. It got right down to the wire, but my husband returned home in time for our wedding, one month before our wedding date. Only God can bring someone home from war for a wedding. We know that our marriage is meant to be!
3. God has blessed us with a wonderful tenant in our rental home for the past 4 years. He pays on time every month. We never had to cover two mortgages.
4. I prayed for a certain job to be available for me when my husband got orders to move to another state. God blessed me with that job five months later and it has opened many doors for me professionally.
5. When I was pregnant, my husband and I were trying to figure out when our son would be born so that we could plan our leave time from work. We wanted our son to be born on a weekend so that we could save our leave days for after his birth. We got out a calendar, picked two potential weekends, and prayed to God about them. Our son was born on the first weekend that we requested from God.
6. I prayed for 9 years for a loved one to receive salvation. That person accepted Jesus Christ and now faithfully attends church. Never give up on winning souls for Christ!
7. On the day of my grandfather’s funeral, the weather was supposed to be really bad, with severe thunderstorms, rain, and tornado watches. I prayed that God would hold the bad weather until my grandfather was buried. God honored that prayer and it did not rain until everyone got back from the repast to my grandparents’ house.
I encourage you to take some time and reflect on prayers that God has answered for you. Do you have a prayer request? If so, post a comment or send me an email and I will stand with you in prayer.