1. You grow extra arms and stronger muscles to carry around tons of stuff, such as diaper bags, strollers, car seats, and screaming, falling-out kids.
2. All children grow and develop differently. It’s not good to compare your child to others.
3. There are other effective ways to discipline a child besides spanking.
4. No matter how much you try, you can’t completely child proof your home. They always find something to get into.
5. Moving is hard on toddlers too. They thrive in stable environments.
6. Taking time for yourself helps you to be a better parent.
7. Having a hot, uninterrupted meal is a treat.
8. Having a “childless date night” with your spouse on a regular basis is vital.
9. Sleep is a luxury.
10. Being a stay at home mom isn’t easy.
11. Children imitate everything you do. As parents, we should strive to be appropriate role models. “Do as I say, not as I do,” is not the message we should send to our children!
12. Though they mean well, most people without kids do not have a clue about parenting. I was one of them before I had my son…
13. I have to make adjustments in my career that are in the best interest of my child.
14. Having a schedule is the best way to keep your sanity.
15. A support network is invaluable, especially when you need a break!
What tips do you have to add to this list?